If you want to play a vital role in developing the nation’s young people, then a course in Childcare is for you. Work with, or for the benefit of children, by studying the issues affecting them, including health, play, social influences and rights.
Why Blackburn College?
- 750 hours of guaranteed work experience at nurseries, schools, children centres, disability units and pupil referral units.
- Opportunity to gain an additional qualification in paediatric first aid.
- Get involved with the Forest School experience - a type of outdoor education in which children visit forests and learn personal, social and technical skills.
- Brilliant industry links with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Lancashire County Council and East Lancashire Hospitals Trust (NHS).
- Purpose-built Childcare facilities located in our £18.3 million Beacon Centre.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN?
Graduates can expect a starting salary of approximately £15,000 - which can rise significantly as your career progresses.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Child Minding
- Family Support Worker
- Hospital Play Worker
- Nursery Manager
- Child Psychologist
- Residential Care
- Social Worker
- Special Needs Support Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Youth Worker