Due to high demand for qualified professionals in a variation of construction disciplines, our construction & engineering centres hold workshops and classrooms for brickwork, plumbing, carpentry, joinery, fitted interiors and a range of engineering & electrical courses. Our industry trained tutors, real life working conditions and the range of industry employers we work closely with, all offer you the tools you need to succeed in this growing industry.
Why Blackburn College?
- Long standing partnerships with Howdens Joinery and Festool.
- Professional training opportunities with Team UK World Skills in plumbing, brickwork, joinery, bench, electrical and aviation.
- Work experience opportunities with Carefoot Construction and other industry links.
- Volunteering opportunities at allotments with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.
- Dedicated Construction Centre features everything you need to master your trade - including purpose-built workshops.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN?
Graduates can expect a starting salary of approximately £16,000 - which can rise significantly as your career progresses.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- CAD technician
- Building services estimator
- Quantity surveyor
- Building surveyor
- Heating engineer