Health and Social Care
With the NHS employing 1.7 million people, the career prospects for students in this sector are always bright. Regardless of your previous qualifications, we offer a range of specialist Health and Social Care courses. You will also have the opportunity to carry out regular work placements to enhance your practical skills and experience.
Why Blackburn College?
- Winner of Nurse Cadet of the Year for two years running for both Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Excellent industry links including East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust and EachStep Blackburn.
- Opportunity for over 800 hours work placement at a relevant healthcare organisation.
- Outstanding social care links with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Lancashire County Council and Blackburn Youth Zone.
- Taught in our state-of-the-art £18.3m Beacon Centre by highly our qualified, passionate teaching staff.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN?
Graduates can expect a starting salary of approximately £15,000 - which can rise significantly as your career progresses.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Care Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Heath Care Assistant
- Home Carer
- Nursing Midwifery
- Paramedic/Ambulance Staff
- Probation Work
- Social Work
- Youth Work