Looking for a job in Public Services? Our ex-service tutors have over 180 years of combined experience and will ensure you achieve the necessary skills to progress into this potentially lucrative career sector. We offer a broad provision that is ideal for those looking to progress into the Police, Armed Forces or Fire Service - to name a few.
Why Blackburn College?
- Work experience opportunities with the RAF, Royal Navy and the British Army.
- Special guest speakers from both the Police Cadets and the Army Reserve.
- Opportunities to gain a National Citizen Service (NCS) qualification where you can participate in challenges and build skills for work and life.
- Organised trips to Fulwood Barracks, RAF Liverpool and Somme Barracks.
- Study in our state-of-the-art £18.3m Beacon Centre - complete with all the facilities required for you to succeed in this exciting industry.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN?
Graduates can expect a starting salary of approximately £16,000 - which can rise significantly as your career progresses.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Highways Agency
- HM Customs and Excise
- Prison Service
- Royal Marines