Applied Science is for those students who want to work in the lucrative science industries. We provide our students with the opportunity to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics, in an exciting and practical way. Our professional scientific laboratories are the perfect proving ground for those looking to succeed in this remarkable career sector.
Why Blackburn College?
- Study Biology, Chemistry and Physics together, as part of a combined study programme.
- Exciting trips abroad to places such as Cuba for the Operation Wallacea Expedition.
- Special guest speakers and events in Maths, Astrophysics, Cosmology and Quantum Physics.
- Work experience and shadowing opportunities in a variety of NHS organisations.
- State-of-the-art scientific laboratories with everything you need to succeed in this lucrative career sector.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN?
Graduates can expect a starting salary of approximately £17,000 - which can rise significantly as your career progresses.
Here are just a few of the careers and job roles our students have gone on to do:
- Anatomical & Physiological Sciences
- Biomedical Science
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Forensic Science & Anthropology
- Healthcare Science
- Medical Product Design
- Physiology & Pharmacology