B-338 School Office Administrator Apprentice with Palm Tree School in Blackburn
- Job Description
You will be working with the office manager carrying out general office duties at the school.
1. Answer the telephone (take messages where necessary), record pupils and visitors entering and departing school during the day. This may involve pupil collection/delivery to classrooms.
2. Ensure security procedures are adhered to. Monitor CCTV screen and ensure the presence of all school visitors (those who are not current members of staff, pupils registered at the school or governors of the school) are recorded and issued with badges. Inform the Office Manager immediately of any situation that might affect safety or security.
3. Ensure the school office and reception area is welcoming, neat and tidy. Ensure all school files are kept updated, tidy and in good order.
4. Ensure the ‘Onelan’ TV display unit in reception area is kept up to date on a daily basis with school information.
5. Telephone parents of absent children to establish reasons for absence on a first day response call.
6. To collect, count, sort and record dinner monies, using an Excel based computer program.
Ensure all payments for school dinners are accurately recorded and arrears are chased promptly. Check eligibility for free school meals for pupils and then authorisation of same, reviewing each case annually.
7. Be responsible for the sale of uniform, giving receipts and maintaining records. Be responsible for the allocation of stock and stock control.
9. Limited routines of finance as directed in line with the division of responsibilities and excellent accounting practice per London Borough of Barnet guidelines, eg. collection of monies for school clubs. Maintain accurate records and issue receipts to parents.
10. Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive material and information.
11. Ensure good lines of communication at all times.
12. Attend training relevant to duties and responsibilities as outlined in this job description.
13. Such other duties appropriate to the scope and grading of the post as may be required from time to time.
14. This job description may be amended at any time after discussion with the post holder.
15. Such other duties appropriate to the scope and grading of the post as may be required from time to time.
- Person Specification
A good knowledge and understanding of the role of groups associated with school such as staff, pupils, parents, governors and school nurse
A good level of English spelling and grammar.
The ability to work well within a team
Able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
A good team player
GCSE grade A, B or C or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration (OCR)
Level 1 City and Guilds functional skills in Maths, ICT and English if required.
Natalie Rewaj 01254 292159
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!