B-355 Business Administration Apprentice at United Press Ltd in Burnley
- Job Description
United Press are a small publishing company who run poetry competitions from concept to publication. We also offer bespoke products including short run own books, diaries, calendars, certificates, CDs.
You will be joining a small team in the administration office and duties will include answering the telephone and dealing with poet enquiries, taking credit card payments over the phone, processing incoming and outgoing mail, filing and typing poetry and other general office administration duties.
We are looking for a new member of our team who can develop and grow within the company and in time bring new fresh ideas, learn to design books, or work in marketing and development.
The work is varied from opening post, sending mailshots, filing and typing the poetry, answering the telephone answering simple queries or passing the calls on to the relevant staff member.
You will regularly update our databases of poets, newspapers, libraries and other media.
You will work in Microsoft Office packages – word, access, publisher, excel and outlook as well as being trained to use the computer programme Quark Xpress.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- General office administration
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Distribution of mail to different departments
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with poet enquiries
- Taking credit card payments over the phone
- Filing and typing poetry
- Photocopying and scanning documents
- Responding and sending emails
- Person Specification
- A good command of the English language in respect of spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Good computer skills, accurate copy typist
- Clear telephone manner
- Good timekeeping
- Able to work under pressure
Motivated, friendly and polite individual with a positive attitude and the ability to use their own initiative. The successful candidate will have good communication and listening skills and be able to respond to customer needs and service standards and work in a customer responsive environment.
- GCSE A*-C in English and Maths required.
- IT qualification
- You will undertake an initial assessment at the college as part of the application process.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
- OCR Level 2 combined qualification in Business and Administration
- City and Guilds functional skills in Maths, ICT and English
Possible progression onto Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!