B-376 Business Admin Apprentice at Tauheedul Education Trust T/A The Olive School in Blackburn
- Job Description
1. Utilise MS Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook as required including advanced applications (mail merge/tables/spreadsheets/databases/use of software packages for creative requirements (e.g. promotional leaflets, prospectus)
2. Utilise administrative equipment such as franking machine, photocopier, facsimile machine and laminator as required.
3. Undertake training on, and utilise, SIMS Modules effectively.
4. Sort and distribute mail and correspondence to and from staff in a timely manner.
5. Respond to staff, pupils, parent and other stakeholder queries in a timely and professional manner.
6. Provide administrative support to the organisation and arrangement of trips and school events.
7. Provide finance support to the Head of Finance, including purchase orders, good receipting and invoicing.
8. Provide a responsive and effective reprographics service for the school.
9. Undertake reception duties including answering telephone and responding to standard queries and dealing with visitors where appropriate.
10. Accessing e-mails and internet and updating school portal and Virtual Learning Environment as required
11. Maintain manual and computerised records using Management Information Systems if required.
12. Undertake and follow specified admin procedures and processes in a professional manner.
13. Participate in training and professional development opportunities as required to fulfil role.
14. Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns in accordance with school procedures.
15. Undertake other activities related to administrative support for the school, as directed by the Senior Administrator.
- Person Specification
Ability to use MS Office software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as Explorer and databases.
Ability to address sensitive matters with a caring manner and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents and members of the community.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to converse in a number of community languages.
Strong team working skills
A passionate belief in the school's mission statement
Highest levels of professional and personal integrity
Personal resilience, persistence and perseverance
Commitment to the pursuit of continuous professional development by oneself and others
Sympathetic to and supportive of the Muslim ethos of the school
Highly organized, literate and articulate
5 A*-Cs at GCSE including English and Maths and evidence of Continuous professional development
Pay is pro rata plus 4 weeks term time only
DBS check to be carried out before start
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
12 – 15 months
Training to be Provided
OCR Level 2 combined qualification in Business and Administration
City & Guilds Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
Amanda Milligan - Amanda.email@example.com
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!