B-434 Business Admin Apprentice at Right to Write Ltd in Clitheroe
- Job Description
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but busy office team in Clitheroe. We are a leading training and software provider, and our services are designed to help people with various disabilities to overcome their barriers at work. We are looking for an ambitious, hardworking individual looking for a genuine career development opportunity.
The role will be to assist our current office staff with administration alongside day to day client demands which include -
- Meeting and greeting visitors – answering the intercom in a professional manner, meeting visitors and directing them.
- Word processing using Microsoft Word. Must be able to type fast, have good attention to detail and accuracy when typing from dictation.
- Answering incoming telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Filing documents in client’s files.
- Diary management for staff
- Processing incoming orders as well as placing orders with our suppliers
- Entering information and maintaining the company database.
- Procurement of stationery
- Making drinks for visitors and collecting lunches.
- General office housekeeping
- Scanning, photocopying & filing documents
- Dealing with incoming/outgoing post.
- Gaining knowledge of our products and customers
- Studying towards Level 2 NVQ Qualification in Business and Administration
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’S grade C or above (must include GCSE English & Maths)
- Highly organised with strong IT and numeracy skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Office and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and professional with a smart appearance
28 Holidays per year including bank holidays
Free Car Park on site
- Person Specification
Literate with good written communication skills and able to complete Functional Skills Level in English
Numerate, able to complete Functional skills Level in Maths
Computer Literate, able to complete Functional Skills Level in ICT
Experience of working with people and/or providing customer service
Able to follow instructions and to organise yourself to complete tasks fully and on time
Good verbal communication, listening skills and confident using the telephone
Motivated, reliable and responsible, able to work on own initiative as necessary
Strong interpersonal skills, with a real empathy for people and a desire to help them
Understanding of boundaries and confidentiality
Able to meet customers’ needs and make sure they receive an excellent service
Able to work effectively within a team and develop positive relationships with colleagues, clients and other professionals
Willing to undertake training and development appropriate for the role
Tidy appearance, approachable and friendly
Commitment to valuing equality and diversity and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
Minimum of 5 GCSE’S grade C or above (must include GCSE English & Maths)
You will be required to pass an initial assessment in Maths and English as part of the application process.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
OCR Level 2/3 combined qualification in Business and Administration
City & Guilds Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
Amanda Milligan - 01254 292234
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!