B-442 Business Admin Apprentice at Roman Road Health Centre in Blackburn
- Job Description
To ensure that all enquiries from patients are handled in an efficient and courteous manner and to receive and direct patients to services offered by the Practice.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To greet patients at the reception desk in a friendly, pleasant and courteous manner.
• To answer the telephone to patients and outside agencies in a professional, helpful and cheerful manner.
• To deal with patient queries in a polite, courteous and efficient manner and where necessary pass onto the Doctor, Practice Nurse or Practice Manager.
• To liaise with outside agencies, promptly, confidently and courteously.
• Maintain appropriate filing systems including scanning of medical records, hospital letters and other correspondence.
• Prepare repeat prescriptions, ensuring prescription is signed and checked by doctor and is ready for collection.
• Register new patients and complete the necessary computer templates/paper work.
• Input clinical data on the computer system as necessary, using the appropriate codes.
• To run the surgery appointment system, booking in patients, monitoring patient flow, recording all requests for home visits, and drawing to the Doctors/Nurses attention any patient who might require urgent attention.
• Ensure an adequate supply of stationery; LSCA forms, etc are available in for the Practice and in the consulting rooms.
• To manage and assist with recall systems for chronic disease patients as required.
• To cull, tag, summarise and keep tidy patient paper medical records.
• To maintain confidentiality regarding patient information at all times.
• To ensure that surgery premises are kept tidy and safe at all times.
• To ensure that the waiting room notice board displays are up to date and topical.
• To remain up to date and undertake training courses as necessary.
• To cover other team members during holiday/sickness leave as required.
• To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as may be required by the Practice Manager (Senior Receptionist in her absence) and the GP partners to ensure the smooth running of the Practice.
- Person Specification
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Basic keyboard skills
• Experience of working within the health sector.
• Managing appointments
• Excellent communication skills including verbal/written and interpersonal skills
• Excellent typing and audio-typing skills
• Active and supportive team player
• Confidence, tact and diplomacy
• Good management and prioritisation of workload skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Initiative, flexibility and adaptability
• Willingness to learn and progress
• Smart appearance
• An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local knowledge, to respond to enquiries and requests whilst adhering to practice limitations
• Flexibility of working hours to cover annual leave and sickness.
• An ability to make decisions appropriate to the situation while adhering to practice policies.
• Basic key board skills
- Working within the NHS
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Sensitivity and ability to empathise with patients and their relatives needs
- The ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Internet, email and general IT knowledge
- Knowledge/experience of EMIS Web etc
Personable, smart, punctual, enthusiastic and willing to learn
Excellent standard of English, both verbal and written, strong organisational skills
GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above desirable
Career Promotion other options include, Senior Receptionist, Medical Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Assistant Practice Manager, Practice Manager.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
OCR Level 2 combined qualification in Business and Administration
City & Guilds Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
Kathie Kinsella- 01254 292234
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!