B-444 Accountancy (AAT) Apprentice with Ribble Valley Borough Council in Clitheroe
- Job Description
Reference No: RES144
Monday to Friday - 37 Hours Per Week
Salary: National Minimum Wage – ie £3.50 - £7.50 per hour depending on age
3 Year Apprenticeship
The post offers an excellent, fully funded training opportunity to study for the Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) qualification, allowing you to earn while studying for a widely recognised professional qualification.
We are looking to train and develop an Apprentice Accounting Technician to assist with the financial aspects of delivering a wide range of council services to the residents of the Ribble Valley. The successful applicant will undertake a structured programme of work, which will include studying for the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- To train and assist in the provision of the council’s accounting service
- To train in and assist in budgeting and budget monitoring
- To train in and assist in the provision of the council’s payment service
- To train in and assist in providing financial information and support to senior colleagues within financial services
- To train in and assist in preparing and completing Government Returns
- To study for and successfully complete the AAT qualification
You will be fully involved in many aspects of accountancy including budgeting and the final accounts process, which will be invaluable in your training for the AAT qualification.
You should be able to work as part of a team, be flexible, have a high standard of numeracy and good communication skills.
The Job Description can be found at the following link:
- Person Specification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good Telephone Manner.
• Good IT skills including understanding of, MS Office (Word & Excel) and Outlook
• Good organisational skills.
• Team working skills
• Good time Management
• Genuine desire to pursue a career in Accountancy
• Willingness to learn
• Punctual & Reliable
• Honest & Hardworking
• Good attention to detail
• Ablility to work on own initiative and as part of a team
5 GCSE’s at Grades A-C (including Maths and English) desirable.
Candidates without English or Maths GCSE A-C grade/Functional Skills Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
Candidates will be required to undertake initial assessment at Blackburn College.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard
Association of Accounting Technicians Level 3
Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required) at Level 2
While we are unable to offer a permanent position, you will have a recognised professional accountancy qualification at the end of the apprenticeship.
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!