B-461 Business Administration Apprentice with Cummins Mellor Recruitment in Accrington (soon moving to Blackburn)
- Job Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen with the Cummins Mellor Group for an Apprentice to join our rapidly growing team. This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The Cummins Mellor Group is a family run business and we believe our Core Values contribute towards our success.
Positivity, Integrity, Respect, Team and Going the Extra Mile are not only the essence of our brand, but are rooted in each and every member of our team.
The successful Apprentice will be given the opportunity to work within the DBS checking department, Personnel Checks www.personnelchecks.co.uk, gaining knowledge and developing their skills while being supported in achieving their Business & Administration qualification.
Personnel Checks have been a Registered Body for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) since 2004 and are passionate about safeguarding society.
We help employers within any industry make safer recruitment decisions, to ensure the vulnerable in our society are protected.
The successful applicant will be working within the Taxi Licensing department, providing DBS Checks for Taxi Drivers throughout the UK.
- Answering incoming calls, helping customers in the best way possible and transferring calls / taking messages
- Communicating with customers, assisting them with queries and guiding them through the DBS application process
- Completing all necessary administration/paper work
- Deal with confidential information with accuracy and care
- Posting and emailing relevant paper work to clients
- Data input onto bespoke online systems
- Person Specification
A sound knowledge of how an apprenticeship works and be either already enrolled with a training provider or have ensured they meet the eligibility criteria for an apprenticeship
Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A – C including Maths and English
Understand the Company Core Values and be able to give examples of how they could demonstrate these Values in their role
Have a good standard of IT including the use of Microsoft Office
Confidence in speaking to customers over the phone and face to face
Be committed to self-development, enthusiastic for training opportunities and a strong desire to succeed and excel.
- A sound knowledge of how an apprenticeship works and be either already enrolled with a training provider or have ensured they meet the eligibility criteria for an apprenticeship
- Be committed to self-development, enthusiastic for training opportunities and a strong desire to succeed and excel.
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A*– C including Maths and English
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
OCR Level 2 combined qualification in Business and Administration
City and Guilds functional skills in Maths, ICT and English
This is the ideal opportunity for someone looking to start a career within a thriving local business, working alongside our highly skilled and professional team, and developing skills of their own.
The Cummins Mellor Group have a proven record with our Apprentices in every department and offer career opportunities across the business – within sales, finance, recruitment and customer service. We work with local businesses and can therefore offer the opportunity of securing a permanent role once the Apprenticeship has been completed, should the Apprentice not remain with us. However it should be noted that our hire rate from previous Apprenticeships is 100%, with many of those past Apprentices now holding senior positions of responsibility across the Company.
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!