B-464 Business Administration Apprentice with AGE UK Blackburn with Darwen
- Job Description
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, reliable, organised and hardworking Business Administration Apprentice to join a well-established charitable organisation as a Business Administration apprentice.
The organisation is looking to train and develop a Business Administration apprentice to perform general administration duties and to assist the Business Support Co-ordinator in the provision of an efficient and effective reception service and administrative/clerical support to a variety of managers and staff.
Main duties & responsibilities:
1. Handle the majority of incoming telephone calls, assisting and redirecting callers, taking messages and ensuring that all information is recorded accurately and passed on appropriately, from a broad range of the public
2. Assist on reception dealing with visitors, enquiries and deliveries
3. Undertake a range of general clerical and administrative tasks e.g. photocopying, post, collation of statistics and other information
4. Complete a variety of word processing/typing tasks including letters, reports and promotional material
5. Maintain stocks of stationery and office supplies, placing orders as required together with the checking and forwarding of invoices for payment
6. Design and produce promotional/publications
7. Mentor and coach volunteers in conjunction with the Business Support Co-ordinator
8. Troubleshoot and maintain functionality of organisational photocopiers
9. Maintain accurate petty cash and income systems in line with Finance Procedures
10. Assume the duties of other administration staff during periods of holiday and sickness, taking on additional responsibilities when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the Administration department.
Hours of work:
31 hours over 5 days:
4 days per week: 10am – 4.30pm with ½ hour lunch (unpaid)
1 day per week at college: 9am-5pm with 1 hour lunch (unpaid)
- Person Specification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills
- Good IT skills including understanding of, MS Office (Word, Excel and outlook
- Good organisational skills
- Team working skills
- Good time management
- Keen to develop a career in Business Administration
- Willingness to learn
- Punctual & reliable
- Honest & hardworking
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
5 GCSE's at Grades A*-C (including Maths, English and ICT) desirable.
Candidates will be required to undertake initial assessment at Blackburn College.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
OCR Level 2 combined qualification in Business and Administration
City and Guilds functional skills in Maths, ICT and English
A permanent position may be available on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!