CH-156 Health & Social Care Apprentice with Catterall House in Catterall Nr Garstang
- Job Description
Catterall House is located off the main road on the outskirts of Garstang in Lancashire. The home is within easy reach of the cities of Preston and Lancaster.
Accommodation is provided for up to 24 people who need help with personal care.
You will be involved in all aspects of care for the elderly within the home.
- To undertake or supervise the personal care of service users and the serving of appropriate meals.
- Ensure service users retain individuality and personal dignity by promoting high standards of care and encouraging independence where appropriate.
- Support of mental and physical activities to ensure an active mind and body where possible.
- Ensure that different cultural needs are catered for sensitively.
- To respect the confidential nature of the work.
- To provide direct care to service users as circumstances require.
- To attend meetings, case conferences and training courses as required.
- Contribute to an effective system of communication within the team, by discussion and regular team meetings.
- To undertake such duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the Home Care Manager from time to time in consultation with the post holder.
- To ensure that the Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies are implemented at all times.
- To undertake any other duties specified by Management.
- Person Specification
- Eager to learn new skills, dedication, commitment, compassion, patience. Good time management skills and able to use own initiative.
- Flexible, creative, enthusiastic and dynamic individual who has a positive approach in all that they do.
- No previous qualifications in Health and Social Care needed but would like the applicant to research the company before interview.
- Initial assessments will be undertaken to assess literacy and numeracy skills
- Weekend and evening work required. Shifts 7 hours per day
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Health and Social Care
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Functional Skills in Maths and English
Progression to Level 3 qualification or full time employment
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!