H-111 Apprentice Catering Assistant with The Olive School in Blackburn
- Job Description
Main purpose of the role:
To contribute to the development of a strong, effective school with an emphasis on promoting a culture of educational excellence, within a caring and secure Islamic environment enriched with the values of discipline, mutual care and respect which extends beyond the school into the wider community.
To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals, snacks and beverages plus related catering duties under the direction of the Cook supervisor and Catering Manager.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
1. To assist with the preparation, cooking and serving of all food and beverages.
2. To assist in the serving of meals, ensuring correct portion sizes are served and good presentation is maintained.
3. To prepare the service areas, hot cupboards and other equipment at point of service for an efficient and effective service of the meal.
4. Prepare dining areas as appropriate, which may involve moving and/or setting up of furniture and after service assist with the clearing and cleaning of dining area.
5. Ensure cleanliness of all catering areas and adhere to cleaning rotas. General cleaning duties throughout the school kitchen includes washing: cutlery, crockery, light kitchen equipment, cooking and service equipment, all the floors and walls and fixed catering equipment with the kitchen and service area.
6. Assist with the storing of deliveries ensuring that stock rotation is maintained.
7. Assist with general stocktaking of both goods and equipment.
8. Work in a manner consistent with the requirements of Halaal food.
9. Ensure that kitchen equipment is maintained and any breakdowns or items requiring repair are reported to the immediate supervisor.
10. Ensure a high standard of cleanliness, personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
11. To undertake on and off the job training as required.
12. The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated.
1. Be aware of, and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection,
health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
2. Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
3. Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Person Specification
Awareness and skill within the culinary functions in general
Flexible approach to work
Good communication skills
Good customer care skills
Able to work under pressure and multi task
Good organisational skills
Ability to follow instructions
Attention to detail
Excellent standards of,and commitment to, personal hygiene
Clean and tidy appearance
Good level of fitness
Ability to address sensitive matters with a caring manner and confidentiality at all times
High levels of professional and personal integrity and honesty
A passionate belief in the school's mission statement, including education in a school with a strong faith ethos
Commitment to personal professional development
Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy preferred, however will consider all applications.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Intermediate Apprenticeship – Level 2 Professional Cookery
Training to be Provided
All aspects of NVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery or Level 2 Food Production and Cooking. Will be trained in the workplace and assessed either totally in the workplace or one day release at college.
Progression onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!