UC-02 Apprentice HR Administrator (CIPD) Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship at Fort Vale Engineering Ltd in Burnley
- Job Description
Working towards being CIPD accredited level 5, learn how to provide efficient and effective business support to the H.R., Training and Payroll departments. Ensuring users are provided with key information on HR and Payroll processes and procedures. The H.R. Apprentice Administrator works alongside all members of the HR team in providing generalist support undertaking all aspects of the HR function.
We are looking to appoint an apprentice to join our Human Resources, Training and Payroll Team. It is essential that applicants are educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent and are able to attend Blackburn College during the day and in the evening to complete the CIPD level 5 qualification commencing September 2017.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Learn aspects of the HR and Payroll support duties and activities with appropriate support from line management.
• Learn how to operate word processing and other computerised systems as appropriate.
• Learn how to assist with the training and development systems.
• Understand how to assist in the provision of business support to the H.R. team including day to day tasks such as word processing, using excel spreadsheets, photocopying, filing, shredding and distribution of information, opening and date stamping post and distributing to colleagues.
• Learn how to research and obtain information for projects.
• Learn aspects of maintaining electronic record systems as required.
• Assist in the recruitment process and support H.R. team members in recruitment administration including corresponding with recruitment agencies, arranging interviews, completing weekly timesheets and submitting to agencies.
• Learn how information is recorded accurately in accordance with legislative requirements.
• Contribute to the new starter process from offer letter through to (and including) induction, issuing of offer letters, terms and conditions of employment and induction packs.
• Administrate probationary review records and communication of new starter information.
• Assist in the administration of maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave processes and queries.
• Assist in the administration of Occupational Health information; including arranging timetables, reports and liaising with managers.
• Administrate with the leaver/termination administration process inclusive of exit interview, payroll information such as calculation of holidays / return of company equipment etc.
• Provide administrative support in investigations for disciplinary and grievance procedures and prepare investigatory bundles for documentary evidence.
• Maintain employee records on H.R. software system, ensuring information is accurately updated as and when necessary.
• Administrate training and development records.
• Record, monitor, administrate and maintain all data with regard to Company Benefits. Issue/re-order eyecare vouchers for computer screen users/childcare vouchers. Ordering of prescription safety glasses.
• Carry out any other reasonable ad hoc duties in order to support the HR Department and undertake any other duties as directed by line manager/s commensurate with the post.
• General and hoc minute taking as and when required.
In providing administrative support within the HR team, the apprentice will:
• Undertake study towards achievement of an H.R. qualification as detailed in apprentice agreement.
• Comply with the importance of employment legislation such as The Equality Act 2010, safer recruitment and data protection (handling sensitive and personal data about individuals).
- Person Specification
- Has integrity and understands the need of confidentiality in dealing with all HR and matters.
- Willingness to work flexibly and provide cover and support across the team.
- Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and the ability to implement this in relation to the job responsibilities.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and builds appropriate professional, friendly and accessible relationships with employees and line managers.
Health and Safety
It is the responsibility of all post holders to become familiar with and remain compliant with all the health and safety rules and regulations applicable to the Company.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn effective business support skills with the ability to compose and produce standard letters and reports using IT applications.
- Communicates well both in writing and verbally with excellent customer service skills.
- Good organisational skills and ability to record information accurately.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within defined quality standards.
- Ability to undertake routine calculations.
- Ability to learn how to use a range of office equipment.
- Ability to learn how to use in-house bespoke computerised systems.
- Ability to file in chronological order.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions.
- Working with Microsoft Office applications such as word and excel.
- Knowledge of email and the internet.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- It is desirable that the post holder has experience of extracting, collating and presenting statistical information.
2 A levels A-C grade or an equivalent Level 3 qualification ESSENTIAL. 5 GCSE’s at Grades A-C essential with English and maths GCSE’s A-B grade desirable. A recently accredited diploma in Business Administration wishing to pursue a vocation in Personnel/H.R. Candidates will be required to undertake initial assessment at Blackburn College.
To undertake CIPD Level 5 qualification via attendance at Blackburn College 1 afternoon and an evening per week commencing September 2017 for 22 months. There is an expectation that the apprentice will be required to contribute approximately 4 hours a week as a minimum outside of work and college attendance.
The Level 5 CIPD qualification requires that learners are a minimum of 18 years old.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Higher Apprenticeship Level 5
Training to be Provided
CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!