Sport and Fitness Apprenticeships
There are around 1.1 million coaches currently in the UK across schools, youth clubs, leisure centres and sports clubs. The demand for competent, qualified sports coaches has risen because of the popularity of sports in the UK.
The work is challenging and varied and may include the development of performance sport, community sport and physical activity and/or participation for particular target groups.
Sports apprentices will typically be responsible for working with local communities to:
- identify the need and demand for new activities
- improve access to sport for young people, people with disabilities and people from disadvantaged communities,
- support community amateur sports clubs
They can also be responsible for:
- organising national governing body qualification courses
- sport and physical activity events
- supporting initiatives to reduce crime and rehabilitate offenders.
Apprenticeship courses in Sport and Fitness
We have a range of Apprenticeship courses designed to help you to gain the skills and qualifications you need to climb the career ladder and improve your earning potential.
Our Apprenticeship training is tailored to ensure you develop skills employers want, which gives our apprentices a real advantage in the workplace.
No vacancies found.
After completing your Apprenticeship in Sport and Fitness, the following careers are available to progress into: Personal Trainer, Sports Nutritionist, Sports Coach, Sports Development Officer, Sport Scientist, P.E Teacher, Physiotherapist.
Read about our successful students and how an Apprenticeship has helped them in to their dream career.