Social Media - Using Twitter for business growth (Beginner Level)
- Course Code: BC937
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: £75.00
- Start Date: 18-Oct-17
- Times: 09:30-12:30
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
Blackburn College in partnership with Jane Binnion are pleased to offer the opportunity for you to attend our new Social Media and Business Strategy suite of courses.
About the tutor:
Jane Binnion is an award-winning social media and ethical sales trainer and author of The Heart of Sales. She is based near Lancaster and works with organisations across the UK. Jane is a qualified and experienced adult trainer, so has a deep understanding of learning styles. Her background was mostly in charities and local government, where she was trained to be systematic, and solution focused. As a result she now specialises in strategy and policy. Jane is an ethical entrepreneur and uses social networking to grow her own successful business.
Jane & Social Media:
Success in social media and sales is all about the relationships that we build. With a degree in sociology, a background in community work and training in Business Education from Phil M. Jones, she brings a full understanding of human interaction that will bring you the results you want.
- What will I study?
Twitter is a fast and influential platform; many organisations use it successfully for networking, marketing and customer care. This half day workshop is aimed at anyone who runs a business, or a not for profit organisation, has a twitter account and would now like to learn how to use Twitter effectively.
The session will include:
- What is twitter?
- Why before How – Developing a plan
- Tour of twitter (How it works) & twitter tools
- Looking good - Check your Bio and images
- Send a tweet, re-tweet, reply and like
- The perfect tweet
- Do’s and Don’ts – etiquette and team policy
- Other good stuff - Twitter Hours, Blab and Periscope
- Action points, evaluation and what next
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- Had a tour of the Twitter tools and understand what they all do
- Looked at your own Twitter profile and made any changes that would improve it
- A good understanding of the role of Twitter for business/organisation growth
- Explored the most common mistakes people make with Twitter - and how to avoid them
- An understanding of Twitter Etiquette
- An understanding of Twitter analytics
- Developed a Twitter strategy for your organisation.
- An action plan to implement immediately
We will work live so please bring your laptop, log in details - and questions
This course can be booked separately or you may wish to book it as part of the Social Media suite of courses, see here
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements however we would ask that students have basic computer skills and have a good command of English.
Please ensure that you already have your social media account(s) activated as there will not be the opportunity to set these up and remember to bring your passwords and log in details so that you can work live during the sessions.
Don’t forget to bring any questions that you may wish Jane to answer!
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
- For more information