Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Course Code: CHEL007
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 01-Aug-17
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This module is targeted primarily at businesses or individuals who are self-employed; however, it will also be of use to anyone who would like to increase their awareness of health and safety in the workplace.
- What will I study?
All businesses have a legal obligation to ensure that their employees are protected from harm in the workplace. This online Health and Safety course helps you to fulfill legal requirements for providing workplace training; it also promotes staff awareness that can lead to greater efficiency, lower insurance costs and a reduction in lost time.
Organisations will experience a number of benefits from providing a safe and healthy workplace; as mentioned above in 2008/9 29.3 million days were lost overall due to work related health and safety issues. To help reduce these numbers, our course has been tailored to address your legal workplace training requirements, as well as key risk assessment areas.
The subjects covered in this module include:
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Risk Assessment
- Accident Prevention, Investigation and Reporting
Communication and Environment:
- Hazards and Controls: Fire and Electricity
- Hazards and Controls: COSHH and PPE
- Hazards and Controls: Manual Handling & DSE
Upon successfully completing this e-learning course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate the key principles of workplace health and safety
- Recognise the importance of risk assessment to Health and Safety and how it is undertaken
- Outline accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Communicate health and safety information clearly
- Recognise common health and safety hazards and how they can be controlled
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
With approximately 180 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 3 – 4 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
There are many other Health and Safety courses on our website
- For more information