Conflict Resolution for Healthcare
- Course Code: CHEL020
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date:
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
Unfortunately anyone working in the frontline of the NHS could be at risk of attack. As personal safety is a universally important issue, the information contained in this module will be useful to all staff and professionals whose work brings them into contact with members of the public.
- What will I study?
Within the NHS there are hundreds of violent attacks on front line staff every day. To address this issue the government has introduced a ‘Zero tolerance' policy and committed to train over 1.2 million front line staff in basic conflict resolution techniques. This e-learning module supports the mandatory training, which is structured around a 6 hour syllabus created by the NHS Counter Fraud and Security Management Service (CFSMS).
Having completed the module you should be able to:
- understand some of the common causes of conflict
- appreciate the key role communication plays in conflict and conflict resolution
- be aware of different danger signs
- know how to deal with possible conflict situations
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Conflict Resolution
- Communication Model 1
- Communication Model 2
- Communication Model 3
- Dealing with Conflict
- Awareness and Impact Factors
- Stress Behaviours
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
There are many other Care and Health courses on our website.
- For more information