Infection Prevention and Control
- Course Code: CHEL023
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 01-Aug-17
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This module is targeted primarily at healthcare workers in NHS organisations, though the information is applicable to anyone working in the healthcare sector in general.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
Rising levels of health care associated infection (HCAI) have gained prominence in the media and in politics, leading to great public concern. All NHS organisations are required to put infection control and basic hygiene at the heart of good management and clinical practice. All healthcare workers have a duty of care to their patients and preventing infection forms part of that duty of care.
This module will help NHS organisations to fulfill their requirements because, on completion, learners will have gained an overview of the key elements of infection control, understand how infections might occur and how good practice can reduce their likelihood and prevent their spread. On completion of this module learners will:
- Understand basic microbiology
- Understand how micro-organisms are spread
- Understand standard infection control precautions
- Know the importance of correct hand hygiene technique
- Be able to describe what MRSA, Clostridium difficile, Norovirus are and understand their impact in healthcare
- Know what precautions are necessary to prevent and control Health Care Associated Infections (HCAI)
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
There are many other Care and Health courses on our website.
- For more information