Children's and Young People's Development in Health and Social Care Settings
- Course Code: CHEL052
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 01-Aug-17
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This module is targeted primarily at those working within health, social care or children and young people's settings, including professional care and support workers and practitioners.
- What will I study?
This module aims to increase awareness of the main issues around children's and young people's development. It provides learners with an increased understanding of the expected pattern of development and details the factors that can influence development.
On completion, learners will understand how to monitor development as well as the interventions that should be taken if development is not following the expected pattern.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years of age
- Understand the factors that influence children's and young people's development and how these affect practice
- Understand how to monitor children's and young peoples development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
- Understand the importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people
- Understand the potential effects of transitions on children's and young people's development
The content of this course has been mapped to the underpinning knowledge within the following unit on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF):
Understand Child and Young Person Development – This unit is a mandatory unit within the following qualifications:
Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Stages of Development
- Influencing Factors and Theories of Development
- Monitoring and Interventions
- Speech, Language and Communication
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
With approximately 47 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 to 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
There are many other Childcare courses on our website.
- For more information