Mental Capacity Act
- Course Code: CHEL076
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 01-Aug-17
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course is aimed at care sector workers, particularly those working with vulnerable adults.
- What will I study?
The Mental Capacity Act is intended to assist and support people who may lack capacity and to discourage anyone who is involved in caring for someone who lacks capacity from being overly restrictive or controlling.
The Act also aims to balance an individuals right to be protected from harm if they lack capacity to make decisions to protect themselves. This course aims to help care workers look at how the Act will affect them and to help them to develop best practice to include in the new legislation.
By the end of the module, participants will be able to:
- List and understand the basic principles of the Act and why we need them
- Identify how people make decisions and the decisions that they need to make
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to assess/judge if someone has the capacity to make a particular decision
- Show that they understand how to make a ‘best interests' decision for someone who lacks capacity
- Apply the above to their place of work
- List the other key features of the Act
- Identify where they may need to adapt the way that they document assessments and decisions made on behalf of service users
- Welcome and Learning objectives
- Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Understand and Assessing Capacity
- Roles and Responsibilities
- You and Your Organisation
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
There are many other Care and Health courses on our website.
- For more information