An Introduction to Telecare and Telehealth
- Course Code: CHEL082
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 01-Aug-17
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course is targeted at a wide range of individuals working within the health and social care sector. The information is also applicable to service users and to technology providers and installers.
- What will I study?
Telehealth is the delivery of health care related services and information via telecommunication technologies. It supports independent living by providing health care services from a distance (e-health).
There is an increasing need to lay the foundations for the rapid and widespread adoption of telecare and telehealth solutions across the UK. As a result, this module aims to not only provide an increased awareness of telecare and telehealth but also stimulate behavior changes across a wide range of target audiences.
Having completed this e-learning course, learners will have an increased understanding of telecare and telehealth. They will also have an increased awareness of how the adoption of telecare and telehealth will impact on the ways in which they work and what they can do to prepare for the changes it may be bring.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Have an introductory knowledge of the main opportunities to deliver and receive health and social care at a distance
- Have a more focused understanding of how these initiatives may influence the ways in which you work
- Understand the key drivers of the development and implementation of telecare and telehealth, including achieving more effective and higher quality care
- Know where to source more detailed information
Areas covered include:
- Learning Objectives
- Introduction: Drivers for change
- Social change
- Impact of technology in the NHS and care sector
- Telehealth and its sub-divisions
- Improving the delivery of healthcare
- What does telecare/telehealth mean for me?
- Preparing for adoption
- Further help and support
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
With approximately 100 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 – 3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
There are many other Care and Health courses on our website.
- For more information