How to Manage Working Parents
- Course Code: CHEL087
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date:
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
Working parents comprise a significant proportion of the workforce. In fact, within two-thirds of all UK families that have children, both parents work. Organisations must therefore cater for the needs of working parents through the development of family policies and flexible working, as ultimately, employees will be more productive and efficient when they are engaged and happy with a good work life balance.
As a result, this course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to manage individuals or teams that may be affected by new parents. On completion, learners will understand the maternity rights of pregnant employees, the leave options available for working parents, and the benefits of flexible working.
- What will I study?
By completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe the varying needs of working parents
- Apply your knowledge of the law to meet the needs of working parents
- Describe the rights of expectant mothers and be able to manage them according to these rights
- Manage requests for paternity leave, parental leave and flexible working requests
- Identify which types of leave are appropriate for different situations
- Apply the practicalities of managing working parents
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Working Parents
- Maternity Rights
- Working Parents and Leave Options
- Flexible Working
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- How will I be assessed?
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
- What can I do next?
We have a wide range of e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information