CIEH Level 3 Food Safety
- Course Code: CM041
- Duration: 3 weeks x 7 hours
- Price: £175.00
- Start Date: 06-Jun-17, 10-Oct-17, 11-Apr-18, 13-Jun-18
- Days: TUE, WED
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Delivery Type: PT
The course is aimed at managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering businesses. Particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems. Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
How will the course be delivered?
Through classroom based activities alongside a tutor and other delegates at a similar level. There will be a 2 hour examination on day 3 of the course.
- What will I study?
The programme covers the following topics:
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
- Entry Requirements
The course is aimed at delegates who have an understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene.
It is essential that individuals have an adequate level of English to understand the information delivered by the tutor. All delegates are required, prior to the commencement of the course, to state that their English skills are at an appropriate level. If it becomes apparent that an individual does not understand the content, the individual will not be able to complete the course but will still be charged the full fee.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
There are many other catering and hospitality courses on our website
- For more information