British Sign Language - BSL Level 3
- Course Code: CM142
- Duration: 35 weeks x 4 hours
- Price: £750.00
- Validated by: SIGNAT
The Level 3 Certificate in British Sign Language (BSL) is useful for those who regularly work with Deaf people (for example social workers, teachers of the Deaf, communicators, voluntary workers, workers within Deaf organisations, schools, etc) those who aspire to work in these contexts and those who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in British Sign Language.
The course provides for the learning needs of those who already have competence in BSL at Level 2. Successful learners must be able to demonstrate competence at Level 3. The learner will be able to understand and use varied BSL in a range of work and social situations.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
The course is divided into three mandatory units:
- BSL320 – British Sign Language Linguistics Knowledge
- BSL321 – Understand varied British Sign Language in a range of work and social situations
- BSL322 – Use varied British Sign Language in a range of work and social situations&
- Entry Requirements
It is essential to have completed, or awaiting results for the Signature Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language (BSL) prior to attending this course.
To be offered a place on the course there will be a selection process where candidates will be interviewed and assessed by the course tutor.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
The teaching and learning will be through classroom based activities alongside a Deaf, BSL qualified tutor and other delegates at a similar level:
- Classroom based teaching
- Individual or group tutorials
- Feedback or observed practice
The three modules will be assessed separately:
- BSL320 A written question paper, containing 12 questions based on BSL linguistics
- BSL321 Watch a signed two-way conversation on DVD and use an assessment sheet to answer the questions given
- BSL322 A two part assessment:
Part A – 8-10 minute presentation by the candidate
Part B – 10-12 minute conversation between the tutor and candidate on the presentation
To gain the full Level 3 Certificate in British Sign Language, candidates are required to pass all three units.
- What can I do next?
We have a wide range of Language courses available, please click here for further information.
- For more information