IELTS Preparation Course 1-2-1
- Course Code: CM170
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £330.00
- Start Date: 28-Feb-17, 25-Apr-17
- Days: TUE
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
Blackburn College delivers part-time IELTS courses during the academic year from September through to July. These courses are designed for people who already live in the UK and possess a high level of English language. The courses are for those who:
- Want to prepare for the test before they take it
- Need specific IELTS test practice across the four skills
- Need to get a specific score in IELTS
- Have already taken the test but not gained the score required so wish to take it again
- What will I study?
The IELTS preparation course will:
- Focus on development across the four skills test: speaking, listening, (reading & writing- both general and academic depending on your requirement)
- Familiarise you with the test format
- Practice specific types of test questions
- Develop strategies for sitting each part of the test
- Entry Requirements
There are three levels these include: Intermediate, Upper Intermediate and Advanced. A student should have the equivalent of IELTS 4.5 to join the Intermediate course, 5.0-5.5 for the Upper Intermediate course and 6.0 to join the Advanced course.
You will be asked to provide evidence of your level as part of the application process. If you are unable to provide evidence of your current language level you will need to take an entry test at the college and the outcome of this will determine which level of course you are accepted on to.
What will I get at the end of the course?
At the end of the course, you will achieve IELTS Preparation Certificate you will need to sit the IELTS test and gain an IELTS score across the four skills.
Please note Blackburn College is not an IELTS testing centre.
- How will I be assessed?
Classes will run on a 1-2-1 basis and delivered 1 hour per week over 5 weeks.
- What can I do next?
The course can enable students to progress on a range of degree level courses at University Blackburn College and other UK universities, depending on scores achieved across the skills.
- For more information