Deep Tissue Massage
- Course Code: EC159
- Duration: 6.5 hours
- Price: £125.00
- Start Date: 01-Apr-17
- Days: SAT
- Times: 09:30-16:00
- Validated by: NONE
This one day course will teach you the theory behind Deep Tissue Massage, the correct application of the techniques and the benefits of deep tissue massage for a range of clientele. Armed with the knowledge, background and application of these deep tissue techniques you will be able to incorporate them into your treatments as well as advise clients on an appropriate aftercare programme in-between sessions to gain the most out of their treatment sessions.
- What will I study?
Deep tissue techniques are useful tools and an essential part of massage therapy if underlying muscular tension and restricted movement is encountered and not relieved by traditional classical massage movements. These techniques, correctly applied can provide exceptional results in the rehabilitation of chronic pain conditions. Stretching also provides increased flexibility for not only athletes but any client with restrictions in joint mobility, overall creating a general feeling of lightness and wellness in everyone.
Join us for this hands-on day where by the end of the day you will be able to:
- Understand and explain the changes that occur during activity in relation to the muscular system
- Understand and explain with aid of diagrams he origin, insertion and action of main muscles
- Recognise contraindications to deep tissue massage with reasons to support
- Understand and explain the effects of massage on muscle and other soft tissues
- Understand, explain and demonstrate specific deep tissue massage techniques (soft tissue release, frictions, muscle energy techniques, myofascial release, classical massage movements) according to a client’s condition/ needs.
- Understand the preventative and rehabilitative aftercare to reinforce massage techniques (including stretching, cryotherapy, thermotherapy)
- Understand the effects different types and benefits of stretching
- Understand and explain scar tissue and adhesions
- Understand and demonstrate the skills of palpation
- Devise a suitable deep tissue massage treatment plan in relation to a client’s specific needs
- Advise and demonstrate stretches on major muscle groups of the body
- Entry Requirements
Students attending on this course should already have a Certificate in one of the following: Swedish massage, Holistic massage, Body Massage, Beauty Massage or Spa Massage and have some knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology.
- How will I be assessed?
The course is a mixture of practical and theory, with a practical assessment at the end of the day.
You will receive comprehensive guidance notes and information to take home with you, as well as continued support from the tutor following a successful pass of the practical assessment at the end of the workshop
- What can I do next?
See our Beauty courses here
- For more information