CMI - Level 7 - Certificate in Strategic Management & Leadership
- Course Code: EC173
- Duration: 12 weeks x 6 hours
- Price: £1650.00
- Start Date:
- Days: MON
- Times: 14:00-20:30
- Validated by: NONE
This new, innovative management development programme is designed for managers who have the authority and personal inspiration to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance. It is aimed at existing or aspiring managers in any industry, business and/or public and voluntary sectors.
This qualification requires managers to build on their strategic and leadership skills and to focus on the requirements of implementing the organisation’s strategy.
The modules focus on a range of key management areas, which together provide the essential tools to enable managers to make a real contribution to the organisation. The participative and engaging class-based sessions provide a blend of theory and practical application, and allow learners to develop knowledge and skills that can be directly applied to their work.
If you’re determined to reach the top rung of the career ladder then this course, coupled with membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), is a must.
“By choosing to join CMI not only do you gain access to a wealth of management resources and support, our research shows positive impact on employability, earning potential and competence. Whether you're a member or studying member, you'll reap the rewards by aligning yourself with the only institute warranting the Royal Charter in management and leadership.”
- What will I study?
The programme focuses on a range of key management areas, which together provide the essential tools to enable learners to become effective senior managers. The participative and engaging class-based sessions provide a blend of theory and practical application, and allow students to develop knowledge and skills that can be directly applied to their work.
Introduction to Strategic Management and Leadership (Unit 7021v1 10 credits)
- Construct a personal development plan which meets the needs of the organisation
- Undertake psychometric profiling to understand impact on others
- Understand data and information required by the strategic manager for decision-making
- Understand core marketing concepts
- Understand the need for human resource planning
- Understand the requirements of employment law
- Understand methods that support performance improvement
Developing Performance Management Strategies (Unit 7002v1 7 credits)
- Be able to set performance targets of teams to meet strategic objectives
- Be able to agree team performance targets to contribute to strategic objectives
- Monitor and evaluate team performance against agreed objectives
- Understand group and team behaviour
- Gain commitment from individuals to a course of action
- Understand the impact of coaching and mentoring on performance
A key part of developing yourself as a manager and a leader is increasing your self-awareness and understanding the impact of your behaviour on others. You will have the opportunity to develop these skills by completing the MBTI with a qualified practitioner. MBTI is a powerful, versatile personality type assessment that provides the foundations for a deep understanding of personal motivations and group interactions. The insights gained provide a framework for tackling a wealth of issues that can be applied in both professional and private arenas, setting users off on a lifelong Development Journey that gives them greater self-insight the more the framework is applied.
The MBTI profile reveals how we see and interact with the world, giving insight into our motivation and the motivation of others. This provides a strong foundation for personal growth and development, underpinning enhanced personal effectiveness. It will help you to find out more about yourself and improve your personal and career development.
- Entry Requirements
Although there are no formal entry criteria it is recommended that learners have successfully undertaken a Level 5/6 qualification previously and can demonstrate that they are able to meet the academic requirements of A-Level 7 programme. All potential candidates will be invited to an informal interview to confirm that the course meets your specific development needs. If it doesn’t, we have other courses that will. An informal (telephone or face to face) conversation with the course leader is advisable before booking onto the course.
- How will I be assessed?
Attendance on the programme of at least 80% is recommended alongside satisfactory completion of the equivalent of 3 x 3500 word assessments.
- What can I do next?
Once you have completed the Certificate, you may opt to top-up to the Diploma by completing 2 modules:
Developing a Marketing Strategy (Unit 7008v1 6 credits)
- Understand how the marketing plan supports the strategic objectives
- Understand the construction of a marketing plan
- Be able to construct a marketing plan
- Understand how to promote the marketing plan in support of strategic objectives
- Understand how to develop a change strategy
Strategic Human Resource Planning (Unit 7012v1 8 credits)
- Understand how the HR plan supports the strategic objectives
- Understand the legal and organisational frameworks for employment
- Be able to carry out effective recruitment and selection practices
- Understand the effect of the organisational culture on staff
- Understand the grievance, discipline and dismissal process
- For more information