CIPS - Level 6 - Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- Course Code: EC196
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £2250.00
- Start Date: 13-Sep-17
- Days: WED
- Times: 13:00-17:00
- Validated by: Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
- Delivery Type: PT
The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply is the most prominent professional body for those who are developing a career in procurement.
Aimed at senior procurement professionals and heads of department, this qualification is targeted at building strategic direction and advice, in areas such as change management, stakeholder management and team leadership.
On successful completion of the Diploma, Advanced and Professional diplomas along with 3 years' experience in a position of responsibility in procurement and supply you will be awarded MCIPS status.
Typically, this course would be suitable for the following titles:
- Strategic / senior /purchasing or procurement manager
- Head of commercial
- Supply chain manager
- Head of logistics / transport
- Operations manager
Why come to Blackburn College?
- ‘Centre of Excellence’ CIPS Study Centre, the top grade awarded by independent auditors
- Teacher trained, CIPS qualified & Sector specific qualified tutors
- Purpose built facilities for CIPS business training
- Small class sizes (max. 15 students) delivered in Blackburn, Lancashire
- Renowned for providing an excellent student experience with an emphasis on pastoral care throughout
- Bespoke workbooks to enhance learning
- Revision sessions
- Private exam centre on college site
- 24/7 access to learner materials through Moodle
An exam timetable can be located here
- What will I study?
PD1 Leadership in procurement and supply
- Understand the main leadership skills and behaviours that are appropriate for improving procurement and supply chain management
- Be able to create a communication plan to influence personal involved in a supply chain
- Understand how to overcome common challenges faced by procurement and supply chain managers
- Understand the main methods to lead change in the supply chain
Exam format (3 hours). Pass mark 50%. Unseen case of around 500 words and four questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome. Questions should be answered within the context of the case.
PD2 Corporate & business strategy
- Understand the concept of strategy in organisations in supply chains
- Understand the main elements of strategy formulation and implementation that impact on supply chains
- Understand the implementation of strategies in supply chains
- Be able to develop a plan for the development of the supply chain functional strategy
Exam format (3 hours). Pass mark 50%. Four exam questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome.
PD3 Strategic supply chain management
- Understand how strategic supply chain management can support and influence corporate and business levels of strategy
- Understand how different aspects of supply chain design can influence the supply chain strategy
- Understand the main techniques to achieve effective strategic supply chain management
- Be able to create a plan to achieve effective strategic supply chain management
Exam format (3 hours). Pass mark 50%
Pre-released case. The case will be 12-15 pages long and based on a realistic organisation. The case is published on the website at least four weeks in advance of the exam date to allow candidates to analyse the information and prepare for the exam. The exam is open-book and there will be four exam questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome. Questions should be answered within the context of the case
PD5 Programme & project management
- Understand the main aspects of major programmes and projects
- Understand the main contracting issues for major programmes and projects
- Understand the main approaches to planning of major programmes and projects
- Understand the main approaches to the control of major programmes and projects
Module Exam format (3 hours). Pass mark 50%. Four exam questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome.
PD6 Legal Aspects in procurement and supply
- Understand the main issues that relate to the formation of relationships in supply chains
- Be able to interpret and apply implied and express contractual terms that impact on procurement and supply
- Understand the main regulations that impact of procurement and supply
- Understand the legal implications of contractual non-performance in procurement and supply
Module Exam format (3 hours). Pass mark 50%. Four exam questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome
Precise modules and dates are as follows:
CIPS Lv 6 - Legal Aspects in Procurement & Supply (UK) (PD6)
CIPS Lv 6 - Corporate & Business Strategy (PD2)
CIPS Lv 6 - Programme & Project Management (PD5)
CIPS Lv 6 - Strategic Supply Chain Management (PD3)
CIPS Lv 6 - Leadership in Procurement & Supply (PD1)
A detailed course content can be found at this link: http://www.cips.org/Qualifications/About-CIPS-Qualifications/Diploma-in-Procurement-and-Supply/
Once you have been awarded a place, you will, in due course, need to complete the CIPS Registration Membership document and this can be found at: http://www.cips.org/membership/joinonline. This needs to be submitted directly to CIPS with the registration fees which are also detailed (You can also register online at this link).
CIPS Books can be purchased from here: http://www.cips.org/en/book-shop/CIPSProfexStudySets/ - we would advise new students to purchase books before the start of the course
- Entry Requirements
You will need to have achieved the CIPS Advanced diploma in procurement and supply.
Starbucks with Lucy Addison, CIPS course leader.
Mondays or Wednesdays…….meet Lucy, look around our facilities and find out more about the courses on offer. Contact Janine or Laura on 01254 29-25-00 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How will I be assessed?
CIPS examinations for qualification modules are hand written and paper-based.
Exam fees of £120 per module are payable to Blackburn College at enrolment (£600 in total) or you may opt to pay these separately approximately 3 months before the start of each module – please confirm upon enrolment how you wish to proceed in this regard. CIPS Registration fees are paid directly to CIPS.
Recent pass rates from our UCBC CIPS study centre show our extremely high student pass rates. These can be benchmarked against CIPS published national averages for centres across the UK indicating the particularly high level of achievement evidenced through our UCBC CIPS study centre.
Thereafter you will need to register for your examinations at this link: http://www.cips.org/en-GB/aboutcips/mycips/?cipsReturnUrl=/Templates/Pages/Members/AssessmentBookingPage.aspx?id%3d3337%26epslanguage%3den-GB. CIPS exam dates can be accessed here for 2016/17 and here for 2017/18. Assessment fees can be accessed here: http://www.cips.org/en/qualifications/assessments/assessment-fees/
Latest Blackburn College CIPS Study Centre pass rates benchmarked against CIPS National average
- What can I do next?
- For more information