ILM Level 3 - Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring
- Course Code: EC208
- Duration: 20 weeks x 3 hours
- Price: £825.00
- Start Date: 13-Sep-17
- Days: WED
- Times: 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: Institute of Leadership & Management
- Delivery Type: PT
This qualification is designed for junior managers seeking to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to coach and mentor people as part of their normal role. It's also the ideal starting point for a career in coaching and mentoring. As the largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications in the UK, the Institute of Leadership and Management is committed to developing managers at all levels. This qualification has been re-designed in a unit-based format, for the UK and European credit frameworks.
- What will I study?
What are the benefits for students attending this course?
- Learn about coaching and mentoring as powerful development tools
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an effective coach and mentor
- Explore different coaching and mentoring models
- Develop practical skills, tools and techniques to support these models
- Put your new skills into practice -& carry out supervised coaching and mentoring sessions
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own mentoring ability
What are the benefits for employers?
- Implement coaching and mentoring in your organisation
- Benchmark your organisation's coaching and mentoring practice against nationally recognised standards
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation that means all managers are able and willing to coach and mentor others and support their professional development.
There are six mandatory units in this qualification. Two units cover understanding good practice in workplace coaching and mentoring, which introduces what coaches and mentors do, the processes they follow and the qualities and abilities individuals need to be effective in these roles. There are two units that deal with reflecting on learners' own skills as a coach or mentor in the workplace, which give them tools and techniques to develop and improve their practice. Finally, there are two units which require learners to plan and carry out 36 hours each of coaching and mentoring, with supervision and support. The modules offer opportunities for class discussion and interaction with other course members. All assessment methodologies are work-related and designed to provide individual development and direct organisational benefits.
- Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching
- Undertaking an Extended Period of Coaching in the Workplace
- Reflecting on Workplace Coaching Skills
- Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Mentoring
- Undertaking an Extended Period of Mentoring in the Workplace
- Reflecting on Workplace Mentoring Skills
Each of the above units are mandatory. Students will achieve 26 credits if they successfully complete the units.
- Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates should have an interest in starting a career in coaching and mentoring or need to use coaching and mentoring as part of their role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
The college plans to offer the Level 5 ILM in Coaching and Mentoring in the near future however until then you may be interested in:
- ILM Level 3 - Award in Leadership & Management (DAY)
- ILM Level 3 - Award in Leadership & Management (EVE)
- ILM Level 3 - Certificate in Leadership & Management
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding, Organising and Delegating in the Workplace
- ILM Level 3 - Understand How To Establish an Effective Team
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding How To Motivate to Improve Performance
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding Innovation & Change in an Organisation
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding Discipline in the Workplace
- ILM Level 3 - Understand How to lead Effective Meetings
Following this, you may be interested in our ILM Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership & Management.
See our website for our variety of courses on offer.
You may also be interested in completing Coaching & Mentoring Foundation Degree FdA and then Coaching & Mentoring BA (Hons) Top Up to attain a Lancaster University validated Honours degree. For more information contact the Course Leader contact Ruth Baxter on 01254 292373 or email R.Baxter@blackburn.ac.uk for more information.
- For more information