AAT - Level 2 - Certificate in Accounting
- Course Code: EC212
- Duration: 38 weeks x 4 hours
- Price: £785.00
- Start Date: 02-Oct-17, 05-Oct-17
- Days: MON, THU
- Times: 09:00-13:00, 13:00-17:00, 17:00-21:00
- Validated by: Association of Accounting Technicians
- Delivery Type: PT
The AAT is the world's leading professional membership body for accounting technicians, with over 100,000 members worldwide. The AAT is the UK's largest awarding body of skills-based qualifications in accounting.
The Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (AAT) is a practical introductory course for students working or planning to work in accounts related jobs. The AAT Accounting Qualification will start you on the path to a successful accounting and finance career. Recognised by leading employers in the UK and around the world, this is the perfect qualification whether you're starting out, already working in finance, or looking to gain the skills to change career.
Through the three qualifications, you'll learn practical skills to prime you for the workplace, from basic finance administration skills, preparing final accounts, through to complex management accounting tasks. Upon completion you can go on to professional membership and use the designatory letters MAAT after your name.
Benefits of this qualification
- A globally recognised qualification, valued by leading employers
- Progression opportunities to further AAT qualifications and a choice of great careers
- Boost your earning potential by progressing through each level, and becoming a MAAT
- Fast track to chartered studies with exemptions from other professional accounting bodies
- What will I study?
This is a practical course and includes learning how to:
- Manually prepare sales invoices and credit notes.
- Compile customer statements manually and using computer systems.
- Prepare incoming documentation for businesses including goods received information and purchase invoices.
- Complete exercises involving bank statements and their relationship with the manual accounting records.
- Reconcile information between different parts of accounting systems and complete the initial trial balance.
- As an introduction to cost accounting, you will also study the elements that make up the costs in businesses.
- Use a computerised accounting system
- Work effectively and professional ethics in the accounting role
The Level 2 Certificate in Accounting (AAT) includes five learning areas:
- PBKT - Processing bookkeeping transactions
- CJBS - Control accounts, journals and the banking systems
- BCST - Basic costing
- CPAG - Computerised accounting
- WKAF - Work effectively in accounting and finance
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be held at the University Centre on the main campus in Blackburn.
- Entry Requirements
The AAT Accounting Qualification is open-access, and therefore no prior learning or experience is required. However, you will need a good level of numeracy and English language skills. If you have been declared bankrupt or have had an IVA at any time this may affect your eligibility for AAT membership, please contact the AAT for further clarification.
What's included in the course fee?
College Registration, Tuition, Tutorials and Computer Based Assessments (first attempts). Please note that there is a charge for re-sit assessments of £50.00. Assessments can only be re-sat twice, after which students will not be permitted to re-sit, in order to re-sit the assessment, students must pay to re-take the module (details of module fees are available by contacting the College)
What's not included in the course fee?
Workbooks, Pocket Notes and Computer Revision Kit as appropriate. We would recommend all students attending on AAT courses at Blackburn College purchase a full set of Workbooks as a minimum. The estimated cost for these learning resources are up to:
- Level 2: £100
- Level 3: £125
- Level 4: £150
- Level 2 Book Keeping: £40
The course fees above also exclude AAT Registrations Fees and the AAT Annual Student Membership Fee, which students organise directly with the AAT. Continuing AAT students pay the Annual Student Membership fee only.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
See our AAT Qualifications here
- For more information