ILM Level 5 - Leading Innovation & Change
- Course Code: EC223E
- Duration: 3 weeks x 6 hours
- Price: £460.00
- Start Date:
- Days: MON
- Times: 13:00-19:30
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This ILM Level 5 Unit is designed for middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience and prepare for senior management responsibilities. The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers' diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues. Benefits for individuals
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development -& this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
This course forms part of the full Level 5 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management. For more information about this qualification, please see our website or contact us.
- What will I study?
By undertaking this unit, students will better understand the following: The need for innovation and change management within an organisation.
- Innovation and business performance
- Financial and social benefits of innovation
- Radical and incremental innovation
- Innovation as a form of competitive advantage
- Need for effective management of change
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- The difference between Kaizen and breakthrough change
- Leadership and change, transactional/transformational leadership
- Concepts of creativity and innovation and the conditions and processes required to encourage them
Propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance.
- Need for environmental scanning and organisational analyses
- The nature and role of vision in the change process
- Techniques for critical decision-making
- Methods of determining feasibility and viability of opportunities and options, and of contingency planning
- Problem solving and decision-making techniques including the use of quantitative and qualitative information
- Identification of human and financial factors in the consideration of change
- Techniques for monitoring and evaluating outcomes of change
- Methods of assessing the risks and uncertainties associated with proposed changes
Lead and manage change within an organisation
- Stakeholder mapping
- Ways to identify stakeholders in change, and the benefits and costs to stakeholders, in order to overcome resistance
- Skills and competencies required to manage innovation and change
- Principles and practices associated with managing creativity and innovation
- Direct and indirect effects upon other people, departments and organisations
- Ways to organise and co-ordinate resources and activities to achieve planned change
- The role of communication in overcoming barriers and other difficulties
How will the course be delivered?
Classroom based sessions alongside other members of the group
- Entry Requirements
Candidates would normally have completed the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management and/or be employed in a managerial role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
Written Management Report.
- What can I do next?
See our other ILM courses available on our website or contact us. You may be interested in our ILM Level 5 Diploma.
- For more information