ILM Level 5 - Managing for Efficiency & Effectiveness
- Course Code: EC223K
- Duration: 3 weeks x 6 hours
- Price: £460.00
- Start Date: 09-Apr-18
- Days: MON
- Times: 13:00-19:30
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This ILM Level 5 Unit is designed for middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience and prepare for senior management responsibilities. The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers' diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues.
Benefits for individuals
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development -& this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
This course forms part of the full Level 5 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management.&
- What will I study?
By undertaking this unit, students will better understand the following:
1. Assess the organisation's ability to manage efficiently & effectively to achieve targets & objectives
- Nature, purpose and importance of vision and mission in setting values and strategic direction, and the significance of stakeholders in shaping vision and mission
- Importance of translating vision, mission and strategic goals in to operational objectives
- Setting SMART objectives
- Definitions of, and conflicts between, effectiveness and efficiency
- Definitions of, and conflicts between, authority, accountability and responsibility
- Need for negotiating techniques
- Setting priorities
- Principles of delegation to achieve overall objectives
- Control mechanisms to monitor outcomes and ensure achievement of objectives
2. Evaluate own ability to manage efficiently & effectively
- Using feedback from others to critically evaluate own performance
- Techniques for collecting and analysing feedback from others, including 360° feedback
- Personal development planning
- Measurable organisational, team and individual objectives
- Time management techniques
- Efficiency and effectiveness matrix
- Target setting and performance indicators
- Planning techniques appropriate to activity
- Systems theory and process design
- Monitoring and control techniques and records
- Use of results to 'close the loop'Â¥ and make continuous improvement
How will the course be delivered?
Classroom based sessions alongside other members of the group
- Entry Requirements
Candidates would normally have completed the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management and/or be employed in a managerial role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
Written Management Report.
- What can I do next?
You may be interested in our Diploma in Management & Leadership Level 5
- For more information