City & Guilds - Level 3 - 2D Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing CAD
- Course Code: EC271
- Duration: 30 weeks x 3 hours
- Price: £825.00
- Start Date: 10-Oct-17
- Days: TUE
- Times: 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course aims to equip you to apply a wide range of 2D drawing and editing commands and routines to aid the application and modification of the CAD software. You will become familiar with the necessary techniques required to produce and edit drawings of medium complexity and prepare the drawings for output to hard copy.
This qualification has been designed to provide the student with a journey from the conceptual design stage to the finished product or prototype. If you've a background in computing and design and you may have worked in manufacturing or engineering design for some time. You want to develop specialist 2D design skills to help you move on in your career.
- What will I study?
- using a layering system and different line type styles
- defining and using a system for grouping objects to form blocks or libraries
- producing isometric drawings within the 2D environment
- defining and using an adjustable co-ordinate system based on user requirements
- using complex dimensioning routines; using different drawing spaces and complex multi viewing areas
- producing hard copies of drawings
- making inquiries of an existing drawing and placing reference points
- using a means of pre-command object selection in order to carry out editing processes
- changing the properties of a number of drawn entities
- editing blocks/symbols and hatched areas
- modifying continuous lines formed by a connected sequence of lines or arcs
- using a method to remove unused items and renaming other items logically.
- Entry Requirements
Students should already hold a L2 CAD qualification or have attended on our AutoCad for Beginners course.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
- For more information