First Aid at Work
- Course Code: FC201
- Duration: 18 hours
- Price: £140.00
- Start Date: 18-Sep-17, 02-Oct-17, 06-Dec-17, 05-Feb-18, 10-Apr-18, 16-May-18, 19-Jun-18, 09-Jul-18
- Days: MON-WED, MON/WED, TUE-THU, WED-FRI
- Times: 09:15-16:15
- Validated by: QA
- Delivery Type: PT
Do you have the First Aiders you need within your workplace or school? Maybe you have too many, maybe you have too little. To help you ensure you are employing the correct number of First Aiders within the workplace we have launched a First Aid calculator. This calculator will simply allow you to calculate how many First Aiders you need and the levels of training they require. Please click here to use this facility - https://www.qualsafeawards.org/calculator/5f2cd29caf9ea730c8baf6c4f9a9472f
This qualification is based on the HSE training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with emergency situations.
The course will be delivered over three full days (six hours each day excluding breaks)
Please note we can deliver this course for a group on your premises or here at College for a minimum of 8 and maximum of 12 candidates this is priced at £975.00 per group (additional travel costs apply).
- What will I study?
The aim of the qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.
This course comprises of two mandatory units
Unit one: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Assess an incident.
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Manage a casualty with a minor injury.
Unit Two: Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace.
- Conduct a secondary survey.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injury.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with a suspected chest injury.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis.
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness.
The course will be delivered through a flexible approach to teaching considering the learners speed and abilities, in learning style, to make the learning experience more interesting and enjoyable. This helps stimulate and maximise theological knowledge and practical application.
- Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent
- How will I be assessed?
The following are the methods of assessment for the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF) qualification:
Practical assessments – these are observed by the trainer throughout the three-day course
Practical assessments are:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation including Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Unconscious Casualty
- Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Secondary Survey
- Management of Fractures
Theory Assessment – there are two multiple choice written assessment papers.
On success completion of the course candidates will be awarded the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Qualification, which is valid for a period of 3 years, within which time the learner will need to attend a two day First Aid at Work Requalification course to remain qualified.
- What can I do next?
We have offer a wide range of First Aid courses, click here for further information.
- For more information