Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Course Code: FC235
- Duration: 1 week
- Price: £350.00
- Start Date: 31-Jul-17
- Days: MON-FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to improve their knowledge and understanding of dementia. It will provide learners with an understanding of the common types of dementia and help learners to develop an awareness of the support framework that exists for people with dementia. The course will also encourage candidates to adopt ‘person-centred' principles to everyday care.
- What will I study?
This course will cover:
- Understanding dementia
- Understanding person-centre dementia care
- Understanding ‘challenging' behaviour in the context of dementia
- Applying a person-centred approach to dementia care
- Entry Requirements
There are no entry criteria other than a keen interest in this subject.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
This is a distance learning package. You will be provided with a support assessor who will contact you via e-mail and telephone. You will complete assessments for each of the four units. On successful completion you will gain a NCFE accredited certificate.
- What can I do next?
There are many other Care and Health courses on our website.
- For more information