Activity First Aid
- Course Code: FC263
- Duration: 12 hours
- Price: £80.00
- Validated by: QA
Do you have the First Aiders you need within your workplace or school? Maybe you have too many, maybe you have too little. To help you ensure you are employing the correct number of First Aiders within the workplace we have launched a First Aid calculator. This calculator will simply allow you to calculate how many First Aiders you need and the levels of training they require. Please click here to use this facility - https://www.qualsafeawards.org/calculator/5f2cd29caf9ea730c8baf6c4f9a9472f
This 12 hour course is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with an emergency situation whilst undertaking activities, such as sports, swimming, hiking, rock climbing, Skiing etc. Suitable for School Journey leaders, Duke of Edinburgh Leaders/Supervisors, minibus drivers, sports activity leaders, outdoor team leaders, canoeing and kayaking leaders etc.
- What will I study?
The following is a summary of the topics covered throughout the course:-
- Aims and Principles of first aid
- Assessing an accidents
- Contents of First Aid Kits
- Incident management
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation of an adult
- Management of a choking/drowning casualty
- Control of bleeding
- Recognition and treatment of Shock
- Recognition and treatment of an asthma attack
- Recognition and treatment of an epileptic seizure
- Assessments and treatment of dislocations, fractures and sort tissue injuries
- Recognition and treatment of a heart attack
- Recognition and treatment of anaphylactic shock
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Recognition and treatment of head injuries, neck and back injuries
- Treatment of a diabetic emergency
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be run both indoors and outdoors to simulate the environment and terrain that the first aider may encounter. A variety of teaching styles and resources help make the learning experience more interesting and enjoyable, helping to stimulate learning and maximise theological knowledge and practical application. These include work books, Power point, group discussion, practical activities, role play, and question and answer sessions.
- Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements but learners should possess communication skills sufficient to allow them to address the assessment requirements of the qualification.
- How will I be assessed?
The following are the methods of assessment for the Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid (QCF) qualification:
Practical assessments – these are observed by the trainer throughout the two-day course
Practical assessments are:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation including Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Choking Casualty
- Unconscious Casualty
- Wounds, Bleeding and Shock
- Management of Fractures
- Secondary Survey
Theory Assessment – there are two multiple choice written assessment papers.
On success completion of the course candidates will be awarded the Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid Qualification, which is valid for a period of 3 years, which is valid for a period of 3 years, within which time the learner will need to re-take the course and assessments to remain qualified.
- What can I do next?
There are many other First Aid courses on our website.
- For more information