CACHE Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Top Up Level 3
- Course Code: FC267
- Duration: 16 weeks x 2 hours
- Price: £620.00
- Validated by: National Council Further Education
Who is the course for?
This is a 'top-up' course for those who have already completed the L3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools and are now employed and wish to complete the full L3 Certificate. This is a part time course for adults who are employed in a school setting, supporting teaching and learning in the classroom. You will demonstrate how you meet a set of National Occupational Standards for the role of a Teaching Assistant and show that you have the level of skills and knowledge to complete your work effectively.
How will the course be delivered?
You will be on programme for approximately 12 months. - During this time you will be expected to attend an Induction and 7 x 2 hour workshops. You will be assessed by an approved assessor, who will visit you in your workplace to observe and assess your practical work. You will submit a portfolio of evidence to show your knowledge and understanding.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
You will complete 7 mandatory units. Some of the topics you will cover will be:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Health and Safety
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal development
- Entry Requirements
Course Entry Criteria
- You must have completed the L3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- You must be employed in a school for a minimum of 15 hours per week
- You should be working (or have the opportunity to) in A-Level 3 role
- You will need to be supporting teaching and learning in the classroom
- You will need to have a good standard of literacy and numeracy (preferably a Level 2 qualification)
- Evidence of support from your school
- You will need a mentor in your workplace
- You must be at least 19 years of age
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of childcare courses, click here for further information.
- For more information