- Course Code: FS007
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £899.00
- Days: MON-THU
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Delivery Type: FT
This is a one year programme of study that covers the key practical and theoretical aspects of Professional Cookery. The programme is ideal for mature students wishing to move into careers in Catering and Hospitality and is planned to be timetabled for approximately 14 hours over 3 days per week.
- What will I study?
You will study units of the City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery qualification. This includes:
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Maintaining food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintaining, handlling and cleaning knives
- Preparing, cooking and finishing meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, soup, pasta, rice and egg dishes and accompanying stocks and sauces
- Preparing, cooking and finishing pastry, dough and cake products and creating hot and cold desserts.
What equipment will be required?
Personal protective kitchen clothing and the course text will be required, full details will be given at interview.
- Entry Requirements
Ideally you will have a Level 1 Hospitality qualification or equivalent, alternatively you may have experience in the Hospitality industry or be looking to enter the industry in the future. All applicants will be interviewed by the course leader for their suitability prior to the start of the course.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be continuously assessed on the work you produce in the practical working areas, relevant theory tests and your portfolio.
- What can I do next?
Upon completion of this course you can progress onto Professional Cookery Level 3. Once you have completed your Level 3 qualification you may progress to Higher Education. Many students choose to study Hospitality Management Foundation Degree FdA - this is approved by Lancaster University who are in the Top 10 of Universities in the UK.
- For more information