Inspection and Testing (2394/2395)
- Course Code: L001-M
- Duration: 6 weeks x 7 hours
- Price: £750.00
- Start Date: 03-Oct-17, 11-Jan-18, 07-Mar-18, 08-May-18
- Days: THU, TUE, WED
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Delivery Type: PT
The qualification has been developed by City & Guilds to provide candidates with an introduction and show them how to inspect, test and carry out the initial verification and periodic inspection and testing of electrical installation. This course is aimed at practising electricians, from either maintenance, or an installation background. The 17th Edition regs course should be completed prior to taking this course and familiarity with the wiring regulations is certainly a requirement.
- What will I study?
The course will include the following; Course content for the 2394
- Practical and theory related to testing of new fixed wiring electrical installations
- Use of testing equipment
- Safe isolation procedures
- Procedures outlined in guidance note 3 of the wiring regulations
- Safety procedures associated with the operations stated
Course content for the 2395
- Inspection & Testing
- Instrument requirements and preparation
- Continuity of protective conductors
- Continuity of ring final circuits
- Insulation resistance
- Site applied insulation
- Electrical separation
- Basic protection, fault protection
- Insulated floors and walls
- Earth electrode resistance
- Earth fault loop impedance
- Functional testing of residual current devices
- Prospective fault currents
- Certification - Electrical installation monir works certificate/Electrical Installation
- Certificate/Electrical Installation Condition Report
Delegates will need to bring with them:
- IET Wiring Regulations 17th Edition BS7671: 2008(2011), incorporating Amendment 1 (green book) ISBN 978-1-84919-269-9
- IET Guidance Note 3 Inspection & Testing (orange book) ISBN 978-1-84919-275-0
- Entry Requirements
Candidates should have a current 2382 17th Edition qualification (Candidates are required to bring a copy of their certificates on the first day of the course) and at least two years’ experience as an electrician.
In order to attend this course you must wear protective/strong supportive shoes. Anyone wearing trainers will be turned away.
IMPORTANT - An informal telephone interview will be necessary with the course tutor before any applicant will be accepted onto the course. Candidates are also required to complete an electrical questionnaire which will be included in the enrolment pack.
IMPORTANT on completion of the course you are also required to undertake two written exams on separate evenings. You will also be required to sit one multiply choice online exam and undergo two practical assessments.
IMPORTANT we have no control over the written exam dates these are set by City & Guilds; candidates need to be registered by the 1st of the month previous to the exam taking place. (For example if an exam is taking place on the 10th March, then you will need to be registered by the 1st February) So it is paramount that you get your application in as soon as possible.
- How will I be assessed?
Important, on completion of the course you are also required to undertake two written exams on separate evenings. You will also be required to undergo two practical assessments. We have no control over the written exam dates these are set by City & Guilds; candidates need to be registered by the 1st of the month previous to the exam taking place.
- What can I do next?
You may wish to progress onto one of our renewable qualifications, visit Blackburn College webiste to find out more.
- For more information