Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- Course Code: SC072
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £600.00
- Start Date: 22-Feb-17, 10-May-17
- Days: MON-FRI
- Times: -, 17:30-20:30
- Validated by: FIRST
Who is the course for?
- Sports Coaches, volunteers or leaders
- Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- Teaching Assistants
- Anyone working in school supporting curriculum time PE
- What will I study?
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Plan Physical Education and School Sport Programmes
- Deliver Physical Education and School Sport Programmes
- Review the Delivery of a Physical Education and School Sport Programme
- Entry Requirements
Learners are required to;
- hold a Level 2 physical education or sport related qualification, examples include:
o the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
o GCSE in Physical Education (Grades A-C)
o a Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport coaching qualification
o a Level 2 BTEC in Sport
o a Level 2 qualification in sports/activity leadership or
o a 1st4sport recognised equivalent
- How will I be assessed?
The course will be delivered through 8 delivery days interspersed with two block placements in school. Delivery will consist of a mixture of theory and practical sessions.
Dates are as per the below:
Monday 11th May 2015 to December 2015
Day 1- Monday 11th May 2015
Day 2- Tuesday 12th May 2015
Day 3 – Thursday 21st May 2015
Day 4- Friday 22nd May 2015
Placement 1- Summer Term 2 1st June - 10th July including 1st Assessment
Day 5 – Tuesday 14 July 2015
Day 6 – Wednesday 15th July 2015
Portfolio Completion over summer, deadline 4th September 2015
Day 7- Friday 4th September 2015
Day – 8 Friday 20th November 2015
Placement 2 – Autumn term 7th September – 19th November 2015 2nd Assessment
Day 8 – 20th November 2015
- What can I do next?
We have a wide range of sport courses, click here for further information.
- For more information