Introduction to Joinery
- Course Code: TCC001
- Duration: 6 weeks x 3 hours
- Price: £95.00
- Start Date: 23-Feb-17, 20-Apr-17
- Days: THU
- Times: 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course is designed for those individuals who have a keen interest in this area and will be delivered over 6 evening sessions.
- What will I study?
The course will cover the following topics:-
- Health and safety
- Know your tools and how to use them (basic hand skills)
- How to make a mitre box for cutting Skirting boards, Architraves
- Removal and replacement of Skirting’s and Architrave’s
- Learn different methods of levelling (spirit and laser levels)
- Learn how to fit hinges to a door
- Learn how to fit different door locks
- Use of fixings for different backgrounds
- Use of power tools
- Tool maintenance ( grinding and sharpening chisels)
- How to fit and hang a door
- Entry Requirements
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of Construction courses, click here for further information.
- For more information