Level 3 Diploma in Playwork
- Course Code: TTG043
- Duration: 2 year
- Price: £750.00
- Validated by: National Council Further Education
Who is the course for?
Experienced Playworkers who have a wide knowledge and understanding of children and young people and a deep appreciation of Playwork principles and practice.
You must have a current, CRB certificate, be employed in a real work environment for a minimum of 10/ 16 hours per week. You must also have good levels of literacy and numeracy.
What are the benefits to the employee?
Employees will benefit from:
- A clearer understanding of their responsibility within the organisation
- The opportunity to develop new skills
- The recognition of existing skills
- What will I study?
What is included in the course?
These qualifications provide in depth information about the role of the Level 3 playworker when working with children and young people between the ages of 4 to
16. They allow learners to gain an understanding of the management of play environments and the line management of other staff. The Award and Certificate are mainly knowledge based, with a limited amount of practical application. The Diploma covers the knowledge and skills needed when working un-supervised and requires the learner to demonstrate these in the workplace.
There are a range of topics that you will cover on the qualification these include:
- Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure play environment for children and young people
- Promote positive relationships in the play environment
- Plan for and support children and young people’s self-directed play
- Contribute to organisational frameworks that reflects the needs and protects the rights of children and young people
- Understand the Playwork principles
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Entry Requirements
- How will I be assessed?
You are assessed by producing a portfolio of evidence that supports your ability and competence to work with children and young people. Each learner will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor to assess competency in the real work environment using methods of direct observation, verbal questioning, case studies and workbooks.
Where will the training be delivered?
At the candidate’s workplace and at Blackburn College.
The course is covered in a series of workshops where the underpinning knowledge evidence needed for the various units is covered. These workshops take place on a rolling programme and are available at different times throughout the year. The course can take between 7 – 10 months to complete.
- What can I do next?
This Level 3 qualification provides opportunities for progression to Higher Education such as foundation degrees.
Specific job roles may include:
- Hospital playwork assistant
- Assistant playworker in a children’s holiday club
- After-school club playwork assistant
- Adventure centre assistant
- Soft Play area assistant
- For more information