- Course Code: RV126
- Duration: 1 year
- Validated by: Ascentis
The International Foundation Programme (IFP) is purely for International students. It is run in a format that means you can start in either September or January each year.
This is a one-year academic programme taught at Blackburn College and designed to give you the academic and English language skills you need to enter a variety of undergraduate degree programmes at university.
- What will I study?
You can choose to study one of the two pathways depending on your area of interest.
Business & ICT pathway:
- Business & Economics
- Business Environments
- Business Management
- Organisational Studies
- Theories and Perspectives of management
- Business Law
Engineering & Technology pathway:
- Engineering Science
- Principals of electronic science
- Engineering experimentation
- Mechanical Engineering
In addition to modules in your chosen area of study, you will study with our specialist team of English Language tutors, where you will:
- Develop your knowledge and use of academic grammar and vocabulary
- Improve your general academic skills of taking notes from lectures
- Learn to deal with academic reading texts
- Improve your writing skills as you build an e-portfolio of academic writing tasks and essays throughout the year
Learn to participate confidently in academic discussions and seminars and to give successful presentations.
- Entry Requirements
17+ years, year 12 High School Certificate, English Language IELTS 5.0 (or equivalent).
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a number of methods including: written examinations, project work, presentations, assignments and an IELTS test.
- What can I do next?
After completion of this course you may progress onto undergraduate degree programmes at university.