- Course Code: BB369
- Duration: 2 year
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study Mode: Part time
This Apprenticeship can be applied to a range of organisations, including occupations in business and administration, customer service, enterprise and business support, human resources and recruitment, industrial relations, leadership and management, marketing and sales and many more.
Digital marketing and the use of social and digital media is a key part of business marketing strategies and practice today. The growth of this industry sector has seen a number of jobs advertised for social media experts. Businesses need the support of a skilled workforce to enable them to make the best use of digital marketing tools and concepts and this Apprenticeship can help to develop these skills amongst young people.
This framework is created to equip learners with the ability to understand, utilise and develop the skills needed whilst working in social media and digital marketing for business purposes. This Apprenticeship will help to develop skills to allow Apprentices to understand what social media and digital marketing is, how to utilise it in a business environment and incorporate in to their job role.
- What will I study?
Apprentices will follow the Social Media Pathway of the framework, which will involve studying the marketing pathway of the Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business:
Selection of units from the Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business:
- Principles of Social Media within a Business
- Principles of Keywords and Optimisation
- Social Networking Management for a Business
- Using Collaborative Technologies
- Using Digital and Social Media in Marketing Campaigns
You will also undertake Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT.
- Entry Requirements
You will need to have a grade A*-C in English and Maths to start this Apprenticeship. You will have an initial assessment when you come in for an interview, and this will show the level of English and maths qualifications, known as functional skills, that you will study alongside your apprenticeship.
Blackburn College will work with applicants to help find a suitable employer where possible. However we always advise anyone looking to undertake an apprenticeship to be actively seeking employment for themselves too.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in one or more of the following ways:
- Portfolio of evidence
- Workplace assessment
- What can I do next?
Having completed the Advanced Apprenticeship in Social Media and Digital Marketing, Apprentices may then progress on to:
- The Level 4 Higher Apprenticeships in Business and Professional Administration and IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals.
- Further or higher education to undertake Business, Marketing and IT related qualifications, including Level 4 Higher Qualifications, Foundation Degrees and full Degrees.
- Higher Level qualifications in Management
- Your Study Programme