This qualification is ideal for Junior Marketers, and will give you the skills and knowledge to devise and execute tactical marketing activities and gain marketing credibility.
This course consists of four units:
- The Marketing Environment
- Stakeholder Marketing
- Assessing The Marketing Environment
- Marketing Information & Research
By the end of this qualification you should be able to:
- Understand the function and fundamentals of marketing in some depth.
- Know the many different ways of understanding and communicating with customers and the function these methods serve.
- Understand your organisations marketing environment, its many constituent parts, and how they work in unison.
- Apply practical knowledge – including the collecting and analysing of data and the establishment of marketing budgets.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be held at the University Centre on the main campus in Blackburn and is delivered 1 evening per week over 2 years.
This qualification is equivalent to the first year of a foundation degree, which means you will need to meet at least one of these criteria:
- Hold any general Bachelors of Masters degree.
- Hold the CIM introductory Certificate in Marketing (Level 2 or 3).
- Have an NVQ or SVQ Level 3 (UK equivalent to NQF Level 4 and above).
- Hold an international baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above) or a pass of the entry test onto Level 4.
- Business or Marketing experience would be an advantage but isn’t essential.
If English isn’t your first language, you will also need to provide us with evidence of at least IELTS 6.5 proficiency or Trinity ISE III/IV.
You may wish to consider the CIM Diploma in Marketing.
CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee’s policy is available on request.
How much does it cost?
Fees are paid yearly for this course
- Year 1 fees: £386.50 per module or £773.00 for the year.
- Year 2 fees: £386.50 per module or £773.00 for the year.
(Prices subject to change). You can choose to pay either per module or per year, whichever is easiest for yourself. If you do choose to pay by module then please note that these fees must be paid before the start of the module.
CIM Fees: Fees will be required (payable directly to CIM) in due course.
Year 1, Module 1:
Marketing Essentials. Available from September 2014, 5.30pm – 9.00pm.
Year 1, Module 2:
Assessing the Marketing Environment. Available from September 2014, 5.30pm – 9.00pm.
If you wish to start the course from September we are offering the opportunity to study year 2 first and then move onto the year one modules from September 2014 – contact us for more information
Year 2, Module 1:
Market Information & Research. Contact us to place your details on our waiting list. 5.30pm – 9.00pm
Year 2, Module 2:
Stakeholder Marketing. Mondays 20th January 2014 – 9th June 2014, 5.30pm – 9.00pm.
(Available for Year 1 and Year 2 students)
To find out more
Email The Training People at Blackburn College or call us on 01254 292500.
Blackburn College is committed to ensuring that disabled people, including those with learning difficulties, are treated fairly. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note: Our courses are delivered on site at the main campus and/or off site at one of our dedicated Business Suites
For more information on Blackburn College please visit our social media links