This qualification provides the knowledge, skills and ‘ability to do’ in relation to marketing planning and develops the ‘marketing professional’ across a range of areas. The qualification is a hybrid of marketing with a considerable emphasis on management as marketers move from specialist aspects of marketing into either a functional or departmental role.
The course is aimed towards Marketers with operational responsibilities and an eye on management – including department managers, functional managers, product/brand managers, account managers, agency managers, marketing executives and business development managers.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be held at the University Centre on the main campus in Blackburn.
The course consists of 4 units:
1. The Marketing Planning Process
2. Managing Marketing
3. Delivering Customer Value Through Marketing
4. Project Management in Marketing
By the end of this qualification you should be able to:
- Evaluate the role of the marketing planning process and implementation in a range of marketing contexts including organisational strategy, culture and the broader marketing environment.
- Develop and manage a brand and product portfolio in the context of the organisations marketing strategies and objectives.
- Recommend how a marketing structure should be structured to deliver competitive advantage, marketing and organisational success.
- Identify the organisations information needs, scope of research projects and resource capability to underpin the development of a business case to support marketing projects.
As a minimum, the following qualifications or experience are recommended as the prerequisite for entry onto the professional Diploma in Marketing:
The CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing (either 2002 or 2008 syllabus)
Any business or marketing Bachelors or Masters Degree (or an equivalent qualification) where a minimum of one third of credits come from marketing (i.e. 120 credits in Bachelor’s Degrees or 60 credits with Masters Degrees)
Experience in a marketing management role that has provided potential students with ability to be able to demonstrate that they can meet the learning outcomes of the CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing if required to do so and is sufficient to pass the entry test to level 6.
If English isn’t your first language, you will also need to provide us with evidence of at least IELTS 6.5 proficiency or Trinity ISE III/IV.
Module 1: September 2013 – January 2014
Module 2: January 2014 – June 2014
Module 1: Managing Marketing - September 2013 – January 2014
Module 2: Project Management in Marketing – January – June 2014
Course times: 5.30pm – 9.00pm
Speak to your course tutor regarding the best progression for your personal career development.
CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing.
How much does it cost?
Fees for this course are paid yearly:
- Year 1 fees: £436.50 per module or £873.00 for the year.
- Year 2 fees: £436.50 per module or £873.00 for the year.
You can choose to pay either per module or per year, whichever is easiest for yourself. If you do choose to pay by module then please note that these fees must be paid before the start of the module. (Prices subject to change)
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee’s policy is available on request.
Please be aware that due to high demand we have now set up two groups and are taking extra bookings for this course.
To find out more and to book
Email The Training People at Blackburn College or call us on 01254 292500.
Blackburn College is committed to ensuring that disabled people, including those with learning difficulties, are treated fairly. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note: Our courses are delivered on site at the main campus and/or off site at one of our dedicated Business Suites