This course represents the final academic stage towards becoming a Legal Executive.
Building on the CILEX Level 3 Diploma in Law and Practice, students are required to demonstrate a broad and detailed understanding of the law in specified areas (detailed below), two which are compulsory, as set by CILEX.
All students enrolling on this course are strongly recommended to pass 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language or Literature or equivalent (CILEX Level 3 Vocational Paralegal Studies Certificate). You will need an CILEX Level 3 qualification or an exemption given by CILEX to take part of the course. An exception could be the HND in Legal Studies or an equivalent qualification approved by CILEX. The route to qualification as a Legal Executive requires completion of the following CILEX Professional Qualifications:
- Level 3 Professional Diploma in Law
- Level 6 Professional Higher Diploma in Law (or exemption from these qualifications or subjects within the qualifications)
- Completion of 5 years Qualifying Employment (2 years of which must be undertaken after reaching the Membership grade)
- Application to become a Fellow of CILEX (supported by a Certificate of Fitness signed by your employer or supervisor)
For one of these areas, the candidate must also demonstrate a sound practical understanding of the legal practice that arises from the law. The candidate must also demonstrate the required level of underpinning professional legal skills by undertaking two mandatory Professional Skills units. Modules include:
Practice Modules (Exam Based): Civil Litigation
- Law Modules (Exam Based): Law of Family, Land Law, Criminal Law
- Compulsory Modules (Portfolio Based): Client Care & Legal Research
On year 1 a student may choose 1 Practice module, 1 Law module plus the compulsory Client Care module, on year 2 you would study 2 law modules the compulsory Legal Research module.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be held at the University Centre on the main campus in Blackburn.
You may wish to consider the Legal Practice Course.
CILEx Professional Higher Diploma in Law and Practice (Level 6).
How much does it cost?
- Year 1 - £2,100 per delegate
- Year 2, £2,100 per delegate
Prices are subject to change.
You should also set aside approximately £500 for your essential course manual/reading material, registration fees and exam fees, parts of which are payable directly to CILEX at specific intervals during the course.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee’s policy is available on request.
What are the dates?
This course is now full, contact us to place your details on our course waiting list
The ILEX website contains details in relation to the yearly registration and membership fees and is found at: http://www.ilex.org.uk/study/student_information/membership_application.aspx.
To find out more and to book
Email The Training People at Blackburn College or call us on 01254 292500.
Blackburn College is committed to ensuring that disabled people, including those with learning difficulties, are treated fairly. If you are a disabled person, please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Please note: Our courses are delivered on site at the main campus and/or off site at one of our dedicated Business Suites.
For more information on Blackburn College please visit our social media links